Friday, March 7, 2008

Watching the game in Enemy Territory

I 'm a Florida fan from Tampa. I like the Gators but my buddy Kenny is a UT alum so when I went to Hudson Grille, I was hangin with the UT fans. It was kinda wierd at first, I didn't cheer for FL, but I didn't cheer for Tenn either. It was tough because UF was killing UT initially. Then I made a comment that was prophetic as it was fatal. I noted to Kenny how Florida was up big on Tenn. during the last game but lost by 40. Sure enough Tenn stormed back in the second half and took a 10-point lead on sharp shooting by JaJuan Smith. Of course this casued the Volunteer fans to come unglued. However, they became concerned when UF went on a 13-4 run to bring them close again. The crowd became disgruntled and I quietly rejoiced. I also quietly moaned when UT showed their championship ability, pulling through for the victory. Kenny didn't believe me when I told him I was disappointed by the loss, but I was Tennessee is a great team but Florida is home.

No comments: